Thanks to Simple Mom for her ideas on breaking down goals into areas. That really helped me process the different facets of my life. I loved going through her helpful questions for developing 2011 goals. These are my just personal goals but perhaps they can helpful as you develop your own.
- Read through Bible again. (just 4 chapters a day, will you join me?)
- Have morning prayer time every day.
- Write daily.
- Read or finish reading list of books (below), and others.
- Have a few hours of me-time away from kids on Fridays.
- Drink more water! (Is this ever NOT a goal for anyone?)
- Dessert/sweets only 1x/day. (Pathetic, I know. Sort of like last year’s goal to make the bed every day. But hey, it’s a step in the right direction.)
- Make habit of being decently cute by the time Jeff gets home from work. 🙂
- Pray for Jeff daily.
- Plan at-home date night weekly.
- Plan date night out monthly on “our day” (28th).Family:1. Read a book together as a family.
2. Kids have special daddy time on Friday.
3. Do one fun family day out monthly.
4. Plan and take 3 family vacations: Maui (!), camping at Lake Foster with family this summer, Oregon Coast with parents next fall.
5. Continue to celebrate each person’s “day” each month on the 9th, 16th, 17th, and 21st.
- Pray for kids daily.
- Do pre-school lessons at home with Dutch 2x/week this year. 3x/week next year. Do Letter Lessons again and 26 new memory verses.
- Dutch learn to read simple words and write the alphabet.
- Dutch learn to brush his own teeth.
- Dutch earn money for work he does at home—teach more about finances and giving.
- Heidi potty-trained.
- Sell our house! (Story here)
- Begin our goal to pay off mortgage in 7 years.
- Continue meeting weekly with women’s ministry intern and monthly with my mentor and with my advisor.
- Set aside scheduled time each week to work on Women’s Ministry things. Figure out regular childcare.
- Pray for Women’s Ministry team members and WCC staff weekly.
Books to Read:
1. Let us Pray
3. Steady Days
What are some of your “must read” books for 2011? Please share!
What are some of your new goals and challenges for 2011? I’d love to hear!