(A glimpse of what to anticipate when I come to speak to your group.)
One of my greatest joys and passions is teaching God’s Word and speaking on topics that equip and inspire His women to live purposeful, godly lives for His glory.
If you have an occasion that necessitates a teacher/speaker, please feel free to contact me here. I’d love to explore the possibility of joining you in ministering to God’s women.
Because of our church-plant and my role there, I am available for speaking events Monday-Saturday. For retreats, I need to leave late Saturday night or early Sunday morning to be home for church the following morning. Options are available for doing all sessions Fri-Sat OR having the 4th session an interactive discussion/reflection time with prayer, worship, and communion (depends on retreat topic–see options below). We can rest assured, After I leave the Holy Spirit is still there speaking to women’s hearts and doing His work in their lives! Thanks for your grace and understanding in this.Contact Kari About Availability
January 8-9th, House of Charis retreat (Lincoln City, OR)
January 15-16th, Coos Bay area retreat (Coos Bay, OR)
January 22-23rd, 2016 Lake Bible Retreat (Cannon Beach, OR)
January 26th, Chapel at Multnomah University
January 29-30th, 2016 Mountain Ministries Retreat (Ranier, OR)
February 26th-27th, 2016 Sellwood Baptist Retreat (Netarts, OR)
March 15th, Molalla MOPS (Molalla, OR)
April 8-10th, Unavailable
April 16th, JC First Baptist Ladies’ tea (Junction City, OR)
April 29-30th, 2016 Rogue Valley Fellowship (Applegate, OR)
October 14-15th Unavailable
October 22nd, Butte Creek Baptist Church retreat (Butte Creek, OR)
What Others Are Saying…
“Kari went over and above our expectations and hopes. She is not only a gifted teacher and opened up a passage of scripture over the course of our weekend, but she did so in ways that blessed each woman there. Those who were mature in the knowledge of the Bible couldn’t stop talking about how the truths spoke to them and those who were new couldn’t get over how relevant Kari made God’s word to their lives! As a team who puts together a Bible seminar each year, the final proof shouted at us when the evaluations were tallied and most of them asked to have Kari come back and teach again, which of course we are definitely going to do!”
–Jody Bormuth, Director of OWOW ( Oregon Women Of the Word)
“Kari was our recent Ladies’ Retreat speaker for our church in Southern Oregon and did a beautiful job opening the Word and applying it to our lives. She speaks clearly, practically and with passion. The reviews we received from those in attendance reflect that her teaching is enthusiastically received. We look forward to sitting under her teaching again in the near future. In addition, she is a delightful young woman to meet and to know. The ladies LOVE her!!”
-Becky Bonner, Director of Women’s Ministry and pastor’s wife, Calvary Crossroads Church, Grants Pass, OR
“I viewed the beautiful, young speaker, Kari Patterson, with some reservation. After all she was close to half my age. What could she possibly share that I hadn’t heard for 40 years? … I was impressed by Kari’s depth of knowledge and understanding of the Scriptures and her application of it to everyday life. … Kari’s message hit home on so many areas of my life. She showed me age has nothing to do with maturity in Christ. Her teaching was real, alive, transparent and useful.”
-Charmaine Brackett, attendee
Although I enjoy studying and speaking on new passages and topics, and always want to seek to share God’s specific word for your occasion, I’m narrowing each year’s retreat offering based on the themes God is teaching me at the time:
2015 Retreat Topic Offerings
- SACRED MUNDANE: Let your days transform your life. (3-part retreat) Though we love getaways, retreats, and spiritual highs, it is the daily nitty-gritty ordinariness of life where God meets us most often. How do we learn to see the sacred in the midst of the mundane? How do we experience REAL transformation? Here we journey through the Scriptures and discover powerful and practical ways to LET God transform our lives through our ordinary days. We’ll learn to LOOK, LISTEN, ENGAGE, EMBRACE, TRUST, and THANK. We’ll learn to LET our lives be poured out and discover that’s how to truly thrive.
- LOVE: What the world needs now. (4-part retreat through 1 John.) We’ll be looking together at God’s crazy extravagant love for us, how He adopted us and made us His kids, and how our identity as His children changes everything. Then we’ll look at how that impacts our love for our brothers and sisters in Christ, and finally how that impacts our interaction with the world–issues of justice, love, and compassion.
- FLOURISH: How to grow with God. (4-part retreat) God’s desire for us is that we would flourish in this life of faith, experiencing the abundant life of abiding in His love and bearing spiritual fruit for His glory. But just as physical plants face many things that threaten their ability to flourish, we too face many dangers which can cause us to live weak, wilted, fruitless, defeated and discouraged lives. Together we’ll look at four of these dangers and discover from God’s Word how we can truly flourish, and bloom where we are planted.
- CHANGED: How to have a heart like His. (4-part retreat through Galatians) Transformation from the inside out, through Galatians 3-6. 1. The grace that frees (Gal. 3-4) 2. The battle we face. (Gal. 4-5) 3. The good He grows. (Gal. 5) 4. The hands we hold. (Gal. 5-6)
Current Single Teachings/Workshops:
- LIGHT (2015 CHRISTMAS message!)
- FLOURISH (How to grow with God)
- GET A GRIP (How to go from chaos and control to calmness and contentment) — for Mom’s
- FAITHFULLY FRUGAL (How to save more, give more, live more.)